fibromyalgia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasps! Black and yellow projeciles of death

2 posters

Go down

Wasps! Black and yellow projeciles of death Empty Wasps! Black and yellow projeciles of death

Post  magepaster Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:11 am

When I used to ride bikes I always wore open faced helmets as I hated the feel of full faced.Anyway I was at a rally one weekend in wales and we were blessed with georgeous weather which called for a ride out to Rhyl. So with no consideration for my safety I mounted my bike dressed in jeans and a vest. The ride was brilliant with the breeze cooling my sun tanned body I was lost in the glow of it all when WHACK!.................what the fuOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Oh my God Oh my God Owwww owwwww owwwww all this while trying to pull safely to the side of he road. Once I managed to stop I dragged my lid off and grabbed my ear which was in absolute agony and was swelling in my hand. Stuck to this ear was the remains of a bloody WASP! (I use capitals here as it was a bloody big Wasp)
The Wasp had flown into the path of an open faced helmet doing a steady 60mph. Because this was an open faced helmet it didn't bounce off leaving me safe in the knowledge that I had prevented the black and yellow projectile of death from claiming a new victim. No! Because I was wearing my chosen "protection" the Wasp had managed at high speed to get forced at the aforementioned high speed between my cheek and the ever protectful lid. Before disintegrating it seems the little bugger had managed to leave it's sting in my ear. In the time it had taken to dawn on me what had just happened my ear had swollen almost to the size of my lid which eventually brought me the realisation that the lid would no longer fit my now hugely deformed head.
To get back to the campsite I had to get on the back of a mates trike while his passenger took my bike. To top it all off when the rally was over I still couldn't get the lid on and had wait another day on my own at the site until the ear had shrunk enough to get the lid on.

Wasps! I flippin' hate 'em.

Oh and I'm and little bit scared of them now too. So scared that I made a right tit of myself on a boating lake.......................but that's another story

magepaster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Wasps! Black and yellow projeciles of death Empty Re: Wasps! Black and yellow projeciles of death

Post  Terry Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:46 am

You know how to have me working writing that much lol thanks for not sweering on it its a good story look forwards to more posts from you

Terry

Terry
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum