fibromyalgia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to fibro

Go down

Letter to fibro Empty Letter to fibro

Post  Guest Sun May 25, 2008 11:50 am

Dear My chronic condition:

I would like to clarify that, while you may wreak havoc on my body, and maybe even confuse my mind -- you cannot have my heart or my soul. You cannot have my faith, my hope, or my love. There are some good things that
you have given me, things I never could have experienced had you not come to possess my body.

You have given me:
-- strengthened prayer life and increased dependence on God's grace and strenth, rather than my own
-- renewed friendship with strong, close, true friends.
-- appreciation for every precious moment I am given. A gift that is sometimes lost on the "healthy".
-- growth in character, perseverance, and hope.
-- inspiration for to help others.
-- more compassion for others who are suffering.
-- better knowledge of my own body & health.
-- a reason to eat more nutritiously and take care of myself.
-- reasons to rest when I need it.

You see, you will not find me an agreeable host. I will fight you, I will not give up. On bad days, I will take care of myself. On the good days, I will take advantage of every precious moment. You have thrown some obstacles in my life's journey, but I will go over them or around them, no matter what it takes. In fact, while I am overcoming them, I will stop for a moment to reflect upon the mountain I am climbing, plant a few seeds and then continue on. I will learn and grow from this experience and help others.

Sincerely,
ME

Back to top Go down