fibromyalgia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it the weather

4 posters

Go down

Is it the weather Empty Is it the weather

Post  Helen virgo Sun May 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Hi folks

Does anyone else find their symptoms worse when the weather bad.

Weather here today wet and horrible and my whole body seems to be in flare. Know I overdid things past few days (see seperate topic) but wondering if the weather is making it worse.

Helen x

Helen virgo

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Is it the weather Empty Re: Is it the weather

Post  Guest Sun May 25, 2008 8:22 pm

I think there is a definate link between symptoms and the weather. I suffer worse when its cold

Back to top Go down

Is it the weather Empty re the weather

Post  MISS BUNNYPENNY 007 Wed May 28, 2008 3:57 pm

defo my body hates the cold cant sit in a draft if i stand on a cold floor with bare feet i suffer
also windy days make me breathless
sunny days my skin reactes to the sun
i also have hot and cold utercaria[cant spell it] - going from hot to cold temps suddenly can make me dizzy and past out
cant breath when its too humid
apart from that life is good
life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass--its about learning to dance in the rain--- well that what i tell my children when there locked out pirat Wink Wink

MISS BUNNYPENNY 007

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  BMGirl Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:11 am

It is well documented that people with Fibromyalgia have no on-board thermostat. Apparently when we feel cold it is freezing and when hot we come out in a sweat. My Doctor (who is great) told me that Hormones lie at the root of this problem and it is the brains reaction - there is not happy medium. I feel no benefit either way; when I'm cold I'm purple, when I'm hot I'm bright red and feel like a walking heater. I have swollen feet and ankles and the rings on my fingers go so tight that they cut the circulation off.

Sorry guys ...

BMGirl
duty moderator
duty moderator

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Is it the weather Empty re is it the weather?

Post  Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:02 am

had a appointment @ hospital chest clinic the nurse seemed concerned that I appear cold and shut the nearest door--the thing was it was my muscles that were shaking because I've the fibro condition nothing to do with the weather nice thought though silent

Back to top Go down

Post  enya Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:10 pm

me tooooo too cold too hot too loud tooo bright .... all extremes really............... minus one .. tooooooooooo quiet .. it can never be tooooo quiet ...how sad is that? must asdmit pain not too bad today!

enya
Head Modorator
Head Modorator

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum