fibromyalgia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Ranting room

5 posters

Go down

the Ranting room Empty the Ranting room

Post  Terry Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm

Come on is something anoying or upset you then get it out in the open tell others about it they may beable to help

Terry
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

the Ranting room Empty Re: the Ranting room

Post  peter Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi all

Im not happy i got turned down for my DLA they said i was not as bad as the hospital Drs and my Gp said i was. How the hell do they know they only saw me for 10 mins if that im so anoyed at them. The person i saw new nothing about fibro or MS so what gives him the right to tell me im not bad. Sorry for the moan but it does say on here if your not happy say so so im not HAPPY OK lol. Thanks Terry for adding this post

Peter

peter

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  magepaster Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Peter,
Rant away my friend, rant way.

Sorry to hear about the DLA. I do hope you are going to appeal. It really winds me up that the " Doctors" at these things NEVER know enough if anything about the illness of the people they make life effecting decisions about.

magepaster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

the Ranting room Empty dont give up

Post  Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:57 pm

don't be put off try again and again when you are allowed to/ dont take no for an answer is it your first time i wonder alot of people get turned down first time I did my son did look at it like this ./ treat it like your driving test if you fail that what do you do you keep taking the test until you pass / They seem to reject 1st time because they think you will give up prove them wrong ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sooooooooooooo tired thats my little rant over

Back to top Go down

Post  enya Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 am

thats good advice bunny ... im not sure im ready for that, although i have to say my fridge is always empty due to the struggle to shop efficiantly. I even have trouble doing it on line at times.. and then there is the extra cost of delivery ... anyway have a good day all .. x

enya
Head Modorator
Head Modorator

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

the Ranting room Empty I'm not ready to do that

Post  Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am

See thats how they make you feel to put you off trying again I felt the same its quite normal but if you feel that you are entitled
them its your right to appeal I went to an appeal with my solictor for my autisic son I didnit take my son along because he would get upset and wouldnt understand the questions he would just say I FINE THANK all the time So I was advise by his socal worker at the time not to take him because it would distress him It wasn't the nice's experience but I new in my heart that my son was entitled to it. In fact they could not shut me up the solictor couldnt get a word it edge way..The waiting room is the scarest part waiting to go in and waiting for the decision at the end but I only had to wait 10 mins but I won and if I hadn't I would have done it all over again and again

Back to top Go down

Post  BMGirl Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Miss Bunnypenny

I know how you feel - it's so frustrating and unfortunately, I lost my cool at my son's hearing. You could see the steam I was so angry, thought my head was going to explode. My son has both autism and aspergys and they had the nerve to say that his conditions were made worse by stress.

Do you mind if I ask? - does the weather affect your son's behaviour? when its hot he shuts down and you can't get through, when its windy he screams and I find it really hard to cope with the switches in his mood. When he's frustrated he bangs his head - but its hard when you're tired yourself and not well.

My coping strategies seems to gone a bit to pot recently, which doesn't help, as any change to his routine upsets him. Its such a horrible thing and very upsetting as a parent.

BMGirl
duty moderator
duty moderator

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down